Saturday, April 16, 2011

{ Caelum | First day home }

Picked Caelum up early yesterday because Sherrie had to rush off to a doctor's appointment. I was hoping to spend some time with Angel but it seems that it'll have to wait - but I did get to meet Kira's new litter who was born on the 4th of April. What a little beautiful bunch of babies. There was a really pretty calico in there that I really adore.

Caelum spent the entire car ride as well as the entire day meowing. As soon as my back is turned for 5 seconds, he begins to meow - probably making sure that I have not abandoned him since I 'catnapped' him from his mommy. I guess me rushing to his side whenever he meows isn't doing too good in discouraging him too. Lol. But he definitely felt at home straight away. He ate the food that I prepared with no complaints, used the litter tray with no trouble at all and plays on the scratching post as if he has been here his entire life. It took Royce two days before he would use his litter tray so Caelum using it on the first night did surprised me a little.

he sure loves his new post.

Of course, there were some hissing and growling with the kittens yesterday. However, both were chasing each other and playing tag this morning. Royce still feels the need to demonstrate who is the alpha in this house to Caelum when he goes out of line occasionally. But hooray to Royce being such a nice big brother and accepting Caelum so quickly! He got an extra big smooch from me for it. :)


Tomorrow I'll be stopping by the Adelaide cat show and hopefully meet some new cats and owners alike. Too bad Sherrie wouldn't be there with her Siberians, but I'm still hoping to see a Siberian or two there. I'm pretty certain I'll see some beautiful Birmans and Ragdolls so I'd best make sure to charge up my camera and to remember to clear out the memory card.

No comments:

Post a Comment